[GSBN] prefab strawbale

John Glassford jacksflat at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 22:51:21 UTC 2009

G ' day Again

Re the costing of the Pommie Panels.

They say from 250 pounds per square metre that is expensive, very
expensive.  That brings them in at around $500 per square metre and as we
all know it takes around three standard bales for one square metre of wall.
In our case that costs $15 per square metre just for the bales.  Then you
have to build them and render them of course but the margin is huge in the
case of the Pommie Panels v the good old Nebraska way!

I am of the opinion that tilt up panels will have their place but the costs
of manufacture transportation and erection cannot compete with the way we
build with straw bale just like this little cottage:

http://glassford.com.au/main/?attachment_id=1751

The Straw Wolf.