[GSBN] An apology, a question

Mark Piepkorn mark at buildinggreen.com
Sun Jun 21 15:27:04 UTC 2009

	I want to apologize to anybody who feels that their trust has been
betrayed. My understanding of the GSBN - which may not be the same
held by others - has always been that it's a "hub of communication"
rather than a private community. The intention of dissemination seems
to be built into our practice of having regional representatives of
larger groups, as well as having publicly available archives.
Limiting membership, as I recall, was chosen out of the desire to
have a higher signal-to-noise ratio than the larger, open forums.
These understandings, which may actually turn out to be assumptions,
came from the initial discussions that occurred prior to the creation
of this list, and subsequent discussions on this list. But I may be
mistaken. The "About" page doesn't really address these things (not
that it should).