[GSBN] your comments on gsbn for mark

ejgeorge at riseup.net ejgeorge at riseup.net
Sat Jun 20 00:34:32 UTC 2009

Quoting "Mark Piepkorn" <mark at buildinggreen.com>:

   Hi James,

         The GSBN list moderator forwarded your message to me. I'd be
very interested in having you clear up my misconceptions and supply me
with the facts I'm missing. There's potentially a whole lot of stuff
that wasn't in the one newspaper article I've seen about your methods,
and who knows how much of that was misreported.

         I'll forward any of our exchanges to the GSBN list so that
you can be of record.

         I don't know if you're familiar with that email list. Without
meaning to be presumptuous, I'll explain what you may already know:
GSBN stands for Global Straw Building Network. It was started over a
decade ago as a communications hub for key individuals in and
representatives of the strawbale and natural building movement
worldwide. I was a founding member. It's a closed list in an effort to
keep traffic light; many of the members are busy professionals. The
article about your project was forwarded to the list by the editor of
The Last Straw -  www.thelaststraw.org[1] - for comment and opinion.

You wrote:
just saw your comments on my home in hot springs, in regard to my
system of straw bale building... you should really do some research
before you spout off.... I would be glad to clear up all those
missconceptions for you if you would care to engage in some open
dialouge,,, but please get the facts before you condemn,,, reminds me
of all those closed minded rednecks I have all around me. hope to hear
from ya   james in hot springs south dakota

         For your convenience, I'll copy what I and others wrote below
- as well as the newspaper article - so that you can address the
errors more easily.