[GSBN] black soldier fly technology

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrint.com
Fri Feb 13 19:47:51 UTC 2009

Chug,

I do not know of anyone who is doing this.
Just about any material composed of C, H and O can be thermally decomposed
into CO and H2.
This is what most gasification ovens do.
If the temperature is not high enough, methane will form.

Reforming glycerol should be easier than reforming biomass, since if the
glycerol is heated and filtered,
there should be little ash. In the absence of ash and char, the design of
the oven is simple.

Methanol synthesis is more complicated.
But it is technically feasible.
Again, I have no idea why this is not being done.

Thanks.
Paul