[GSBN] FW: straw bale construction and mushroom farming

John Swearingen jswearingen at skillful-means.com
Tue Feb 10 19:35:48 UTC 2009

Briefly, bale walls will approach the ambient temperature and humidity,
which for oyster mushrooms, if I'm not mistaken, is beyond the levels where
the straw could be effected by fungi.

Besides potential damage to the bales, you might be encouraging growth of
agents that could harm your mushroom crop.

John "Shroom-head" Swearingen

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 7:31 AM, Joyce Coppinger <jc10508 at alltel.net> wrote:

>  Anyone want to reply to this inquiry? If you do reply directly, please
> share your comments with the GSBN.
>
> Joyce
> Joyce Coppinger
> Managing Editor/The Last Straw Journal