[GSBN] Lime plaster and expansion joints

John Zhang J.ZHANG at uws.edu.au
Sun Feb 8 23:07:30 UTC 2009

Dear All

This is my first post over a long period of time. One way to overcome
the problem as Jeff described is to have steel posts or any type of
posts embedded into the bale wall either in right in the middle or away
from the exterior face of strawbale wall. Of course cross bracing then
become tricky, but still can be achieved by careful detailing.

Regards

Dr John Zhang, MIEAust, CPEng, NPER (Civil and Structural), RPEQ (Civil)

Senior Lecturer in Construction

Head of Program, Bachelor of Construction Management

School of Engineering, University of Western Sydney,

Locked Bag 1797 Penrith South DC, 1797, NSW, Australia

Voice: (02) 4736 0908      Fax: (02) 9852 4300 or (02) 4736 0833

Mobile: 0449 254 709  Email: j.zhang at uws.edu.au