[GSBN] some ESBG ideas...

Geert Goffin geert.goffin at telenet.be
Tue Jan 27 00:24:11 UTC 2009

Hello everybody

in the last few days several mails are going around the world about meetings and building code projects and request/proposals for professional workshops on straw bale building... very exciting and interesting!

We as hosts of the next ESBG - again -  feel inspired by these mails. We have spoken in our Casa Calida organization about these mails and ideas - we are flexible to take it in our ESBG-programme or to widen the themes on our programme.

Maybe it is a good idea to organize a short professional workshop before the ESBG (from Saturday 22 Aug till Tuesday 25) -so interested people can combine this practical workshop for professionals with the ESBG. We at Casa Calida have a bit experience in workshops for professionals, but it would be great if different strawbale-teachers of different european countries could teach together in this specific workshop. I am also member of the education group of the last ESBG - in this group we are trying to make an official strawbalebuilder course - a workshop given by experienced strawprofessionals for professionals with no strawexperiences could be part of the making-of-process for such an official european straw-course. And of course it would match in the ESBG-theme 'education and training in strawbale building" .

Maybe it is a good idea to talk about the building code projects during the ESBG - we already have scheduled time for this in our ESBG-programme-in-making - there is an ESBG group of the last ESBG working on this (see the Verden-meeting next week by FASBA)

Martin Oehlmann came up with a proposal that could be another ESBG-theme:
As you know I did withdraw with official approaches on straw-bale lobbying since a couple of years, but now I do feel it is time to start a fresh new elegant and easy approach which is talking directly to decision makers, those who not necessarily involved in building politics yet who are responsible for budgets for re-investments to get the economy going.

For that I invited to join the project Happy Housing on GSBN, just to move fast to those who do have to decide how stimulate the markets in a durable way with investments which are grounded and with sustainable profits.

I am trying to send new practical information on the ESBG by the end of this week or by next weekend.
I hope we will get some reactions of interested teachers /thinkers so that the ideas can go on growing.

Vele strogroeten
Gigi

Geert Goffin
voorzitter Casa Calida vzw