[GSBN] Congressional briefing most popular download

Geert Goffin geert.goffin at telenet.be
Thu Jan 15 23:19:01 UTC 2009

RE: Congressional Briefing on Straw Bale Construction

Hello GSBN community,

I want to post a reaction of admiration for the enormous impact of this small Ecohouse: what a right time-right place-effect for the awareness on Natural Building and Strawbale Building!

Okay, Riemst as the next ESBG-location is not Washington DC, it is a rather small village in the small country Belgium, I know. And okay, we don't have in August an Inauguration of an Obama-president with millions of visitors, I know... But we do have the "yes, we can"-spirit! How? Well, a small example with a great impact for strawbale building in Belgium = our local provincial government is starting a sensibilitycampaign about insulation going over three years and they have contacted us to launch this campaign during the ESBG! All bits help, no?

The news about your awareness-work, also on a governmental level, is inspiring me to just go knocking on some doors - Riemst is part of the Euregio, a mini european grouping of 5 border-regions in 3 countries with 3 languages , so why not trying to ask for support or funding for our international gathering? And why not trying in Brussels, the capital of the EU, only one hour driving from Riemst...   Yes, we can!?

Best straw-wishes for 2009
Gigi

PS: I am working on the first newsletter with more information about the ESBG 2009 - doming soon!

Geert Goffin
Casa Calida vzw
Strobouwplatform België
0032-(0)12-213 297