[GSBN] Details - you must have some to share

Brian Hodge brian at anvill.com.au
Thu Nov 6 21:22:39 UTC 2008

Hi Joyce,
I have attached a detail drawing of the way that we build on timber stumps.
We use Cypress pine for the stumps, which is extremely good in the ground
over here in Aus, as the termites don't like it at all. The only concrete we
use is as a sole plate in the bottom of the stump hole, which is allowed to
set prior to fitting the stump. Using timber stumps is not only
environmentally much more appropriate, but it is easy to do, which is
important for our owner builders. Add to this, that in Australia it is about
$20,000 cheaper than concrete on our average house. If you would like
anything on the drawing clarified, I would be pleased to hear from you at
your earliest convenience.

Kindest regards

Brian Hodge
Anvill Straw